Friday, July 10, 2015

Right Sandal: My view on United Sandals

I was lying in a dark, quiet and suffocating cupboard along with my other friends feeling ignored and sad. One day, suddenly i heard creeky sound and got shock on my back and my eyes couldn't see anything, slowly started to see and realised that I was taken outside of the cupboard and thrown on to the floor with few of my other friends in the same situation. Later heard my owner lending us to her daughter. I was happy when she chose me and my partner. We were excited to be useful.

I was eagerly waiting for the day to see the outside world and never imagined what was waiting for me.

Probably next day she wore me and I experienced fresh air on the corridor, lift and then in the car. As I was not used to working for so much time, I started feeling suffocation and as if she heard my voice, she uncoupled me in the car. I was lying there and enjoying the movement of break and accelerator. Day by day passed I started loving her feet and did not want to leave.

But, one day we went to temple, I couldn't get a glimpse of little Arjun who was crying loud and I was anxious, later it stopped and I felt relieved. In Indian temples they don't consider me as shuddh(clean or pure) and always leave us outside. Same thing happened and I was weeping outside.

Did not last for long, they were back but my happiness did not last long. We had another stop near by and I was experiencing sand, breeze and kids playing and after few minutes car door closed and I cannot see anyone, not even my partner (left sandal). I was all alone on the road left out , depressed and afraid if any barking dogs would bite me as the light was diminishing. The night passed and in the morning someone came and picked me and notified someone over the phone that I was still there. He used me as showpiece in his shop until evening and before dawn I heard another voice (owner's cousin) saying that my owner has sent him to collect me. Joyful tears filled my soles and jumped on to him and obliged by my owner's concern. However I could not see my partner so soon.

I did not lose the spirit and confidence, in fact enjoyed the leisure as I travelled various places/ houses in and around Kadapa. Used various modes of transport mostly bikes, cars, bus and surprisingly people carried me instead. Travel plan was from temple - cousin's grandparents house - cousins house - owner's in laws - and finally the day has come I.e my home at Hyderabad. My partner couldn't believe what he just saw, emotions were flowing (had to control) and we both were placed side by side for a photo and they left us and gave some privacy to have our special moments.

I am indebted my life to so many people, for now I am at peace and relaxing with my partner.

In our short life we have to face many challenges, few of them can question our existence, but never lose hope and enjoy your present and plan for future.

Cheers
Joshna on behalf on Right Sandal

Click here for Joshna's take on it.

1 comment:

  1. An anxious sandal! Hope the couple(left and right sandal) is having great time ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Dear

For a special person on a special day You Encourage me You Conquer me You Amaze me You Help me You make me Cry You make me...